About Me

My photo
I am embarking on a road trip from Boston, MA to New Orleans, LA. I am a 36 year old single mother and a high school teacher in Boston. I love my job and I can't wait to learn everything I can and bring it back home to my students.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Just Fishin'

Today was our fishing trip!  We woke up at 4 AM, packed our cooler, stumbled into our clothes, and somehow made it into the car and into Lafitte, LA.  We met up with Captain Scott and headed into the gulf!

It was a gorgeous day!  Being on the water when the sun comes up is AMAZING.  It was ridiculously hot, but the fish seemed to like it!  We caught 18 fish and saved four for our lunch!  When storms moved in we had to head back, but after almost 6 hours on the water, we were ready.  Captain Scott was great and he shared with us not only fishing techniques, but a little bit about Cajun life in LA.  He was born and raised here and has been fishing his whole life.  It was a great chance to really learn about a whole new way of life in LA, one far removed from the French Quarter!

In this case especially, a picture is worth a thousand words.

 my first catch!

 First catch of the day, and the biggest, goes to Hank!





 a blue heron!



YUM!

What an amazing day!  We looked for gators, but though we saw some from a distance we didn't get close enough to look up close, we will look tomorrow when we go on our swamp tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment