About Me

My photo
I am embarking on a road trip from Boston, MA to New Orleans, LA. I am a 36 year old single mother and a high school teacher in Boston. I love my job and I can't wait to learn everything I can and bring it back home to my students.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Goodbye Nawlins!


Our last two days in NOLA have been spent exploring the city and visiting some popular sites, like the Aquarium!

We walked the Riverwalk and the French Market- both of which were amazing!  The French market is the oldest open market in the US!  



 We even fed some parakeets!

 Which was great until one jumped on my back!!


My time in New Orleans was amazing!  I drove through the Marginy and the Ninth Ward, but it didn't feel respectful to pull over and take pictures as people were working to rebuild their lives and homes.  It was a stark reminder of how much LA has survived!

I am always excited to come back to Boston, but I can't think of a place that I will miss more than New Orleans.  I have loved every minute here and I cannot wait to come back!

I am packing up my bags tonight and getting ready to fly home.  I have a whole new bag of books and memorabilia that I am bringing home to share, and that is only a drop in the bucket when I look back at my pictures and think back on my stories!  What an AMAZING trip!  I will have a few weeks to look everything over and start preparing to share the wealth of information that I have learned.

I could not have done with without FFT, and though I am so sad to see the end of my trip, I am so excited to welcome the beginning of my chance to share everything that I learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment